- Date of birth: 19 March 1989
- Team Position:#3 (LH Wing) & Aircraft Engineer
- Day Job: Aircraft Engineer with Absolute Aviation, Southern Africa.
- Total Flying hours: 3,000
- Number of aircraft rated on: 65
- Age when he started flying: Age 9 in a J3 Cub, Solo on 17th Birthday.
- Flying achievements:
Flying international aerobatic formation displays on his father’s wing in Dubai in a three-ship display with Zoltan Veres of Hungary. Flying a three-ship plus two-ship formation display with the Jet Man Team (Yves Rossy and Vincent Raffet) at the 2015 World Air Games in Dubai. Flying international Airshows in China with Team Xtreme since 2014.
Jason has been involved in flying most of his life. He grew up at the Toy Store (hangar at Rand airport), had his first flying lesson at the age of 9 in the family Piper J3 Cub and went solo on his 17th Birthday. Jason worked with Pilatus PC12 Centre Southern Africa for 7 years. He then joined Absolute Aviation Group (South African Beechcraft and Cessna agents) as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer in 2015.
Jason started competition aerobatics in 2007 in the Extra 300 and then air shows in 2009 on DH Chipmunks, Extra 300′s and Yak 52′s. More recently flying the South African airshow circuit with T28's, RV's, Extra 300's, DH Chipmunks, AN2, Pitts Specials, a Boeing Stearman and a few more types on occasion.
Jason is multi-engine rated, turbine rated and has a test pilot class 2 rating. He is also display rated for formation aerobatics and solo aerobatics. He is a SACAA licenced aircraft engineer. He is also FAA A&P IA Certified.
Jason is a team engineer and #3 wingman for Team Xtreme Airshows flying the XA42 Sbach in China and his Extra 330LX in South Africa.
Aircraft Flown at Air Shows:
- Extra 330LX – Team Xtreme (SA) and Solo
- XA-42 - Team Xtreme (China)
- Pitts S2B - Good Year Pitts Specials
- RV7 - Raptors Aerobatic team
- Father/Son act with Extra 300 and RV7.
- Two ship with Nigel Hopkins (Extra 330SC and Extra 300)
- Yak 52 formation
- Aero commander formation
- Firestars Formation Team China
- Goodyear Eagles Pitts Specials
- KingAir/Bonanza formation
- Zoltan Veres Formation Dubai/Budapest
- DH Chipmunk Formation
- The Raptors RV Formation
- Piper Cub Truck Top Landing
- Absolute Aviation Sponsored Extra 300
Jason: "All this would not have been possible without my Dad, Larry Beamish, who has been my inspiration, my coach, my leader, my instructor, my role model and my friend. I owe it all to him. Thanks Dad!"